Tuesday 29 November 2011

Y4 - 60/365: 24-Hour Bug?


Last night while I was at Bingo with Emma, she mentioned she wasn't feeling too well. I didn't think any more of it until I was wide awake at just four this morning with a bad stomach. It felt as though I would be sick at any moment, so I made sure Ryan was tucked safely in bed next to me, and I quickly made my way to the bathroom where I ended up lying on the floor for the next 2 hours.

I did eventually return to bed, but was up an hour and a half later with Ryan and saying goodbye to Matt as he left for work. I felt so unbelievably sick and achy that I thought some ibuprofen might do the trick for the aches and maybe help curb the nausea.

It wasn't until I had just finished changing Ryan's morning nappy that I finally felt a watery feeling in my mouth and knew something was about to happen. So, I quickly grabbed Ryan's toy bucket and the timing couldn't have been better. I felt so bad that Ryan had to see me do it because I would have much rather had gone down to the bathroom, but there was no time.

Without going into any detail, let's just say I spent the remainder of the afternoon on the sofa in a dressing gown, trying my best to move as little as possible. I also found out that both Emma and Daz had the same episode and Daz wasn't doing too great either.

The bad feeling started to ebb away early evening, and although I did manage to finally get some food in my system, I had to force myself to eat it because I didn't actually *feel* very hungry. I still even feel a bit shaky now, but I'm so happy to be rid of the crud I seemed to have this morning.

At least Ryan was there to keep me company and give me "get well" cuddles!

1 comment:

American in Bath said...

It's running rampent in Bath. So sorry you've had to have it.