Tuesday 8 November 2011

Y4 - 39/365: Bedtime, Everybody!


To the un-trained eye, this may look like a matchbox car accident, but believe me when I say it's not. Actually, this is Ryan's doing. I've posted a similar photo on my Facebook the week or so before last where Ryan had "put his cars to bed" by turning them over. I didn't see him do it at the time, but I heard him from the other side of the room.

Tonight, after we announced to Ryan that it was bedtime, Matt and I watched as Ryan delicately lifted each car to his lips for a kiss and then promptly propped it on his shoulder for a brief cuddle before placing it (wheels up) on the floor. If he thought he didn't do it right he would kiss and cuddle the car over just to be sure. Then he proceeded to tap each one gently and say "nigh nigh, car car," as Matt and I carried on watching in silence and stealing the occasional glance between ourselves, knowing it couldn't be any sweeter.

No comments: